Homemade Dill Pickles and Pickled Red Onions are amazing! They’re so crisp, fresh and tangy, making for a great snack or ingredient for various dishes. They last in the fridge for up to 2 months just remember that the longer they stay in the brine, the less crunchy they will be.
Pickled Cucumbers and Red Onions
- 1 large English Cucumber; peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Red Onion; sliced thinly
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 sprig Fresh Dill; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seed
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- Pinch of Salt and pepper to taste
- Pack the cucumbers, red onions, garlic and dill weed into clean glass jars as tightly as possible, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top.
- Heat a saucepan over high heat and add the vinegars, sugar and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer; whisking until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the brine over the vegetables until fully submerged and tightly screw on the lid. Place the jars in the fridge overnight before enjoying. This allows times for the cucumbers to absorb the delicious flavors around it.
- Store in the fridge for up to 8 weeks.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!