Italian Sausage Soup with Garlic Parmesan Crostini’s are perfect for a cold night like tonight! It’s rich, hearty and packed with vegetables. Using fresh herbs and garlic is key and will elevate the dish. It also freezes really well, so make a giant batch and store in freezer safe containers for those long, rough weeknights where you just don’t have the time or energy to cook!
Italian Sausage Soup
• 2 lbs Italian Sausage
• 3 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
• 1 Large White Onion; chopped
• 2 quarts Beef Broth
• 14.5 oz Italian Stewed Tomatoes
• 1 Carrot; peeled and finely chopped
• 1 can Navy Beans; drained
• 1 large Zucchini; diced
• 2 cups Spinach; packed
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In crockpot brown sausage. Drain and add in garlic and onion, sauté until tender.
2. Add in broth, tomatoes, carrots, salt and pepper. Bring soup to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook for 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
3. Stir in zucchini and beans, simmer until zucchini is cooked through; about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in spinach. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Serve hot with garlic bread, garlic knots or side salad.