The Green Chili Chicken Chimichangas came out so tasty! I decided to take the slightly healthier option and quickly sear them, the pop them in the air fryer. Brilliantly crispy! Mexican Rice, Black Beans and homemade tortilla chips with salsa are also what’s on the menu.
Green Chili Chicken Chimichangas
• 1 large Chicken Breast; cubed
• 1 small can Green Chilis
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• 1/2 cup Onion; diced
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 3 large Tortillas
• 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
• 1 1/2 cups Mexican Rice
• 1/2 cup Black Beans
• 1 Tablespoon Cilantro; chopped
• 3 Tablespoons Pickled Red Onion
- Add chicken, green chiles, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to baking sheet and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Add large skillet to stovetop and add in 1 tablespoon of oil. Heat over medium–high heat.
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 400°F.
- Layer tortillas with cheese, rice, chicken mixture, beans, pickled onion and cilantro. Wrap tightly and place in skillet, lightly frying. Place on air fryer rack and bake for 15 minutes air fry for 12 minutes; turning halfway through.
- Serve hot with Mexican rice, Refried beans and tortilla chips!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!