The Green Chili Chicken Chimichangas came out so tasty! I decided to take the slightly healthier option and quickly sear them, the pop them in the air fryer. Brilliantly crispy! Mexican Rice, Black Beans and homemade tortilla chips with salsa are also what’s on the menu.
Green Chili Chicken Chimichangas
• 1 large Chicken Breast; cubed
• 1 small can Green Chiles
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• 1/2 cup Onion; diced
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 3 large Tortillas
• 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
• 1 1/2 cups Mexican Rice
• 1/2 cup Black Beans
• 1 Tablespoon Cilantro; chopped
• 3 Tablespoons Pickled Red Onion
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium–high heat and add a pad of butter. Add in the chicken, green chiles, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through. Use a spoon to scoop into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add another pad of butter.
- Layer the tortillas with the cheese, rice, chicken mixture, beans, pickled onion and cilantro. Wrap tightly and place in skillet, lightly frying. Place on a air fryer rack and air fry for 10 minutes; turning halfway through.
- Serve hot with Mexican rice, Refried beans and tortilla chips!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!