Halloween Hawaiian Luau night! ❤️ Hawaiian Shrimp and Sausage Skewers, Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Portobellos, Air Fried Egg Rolls with Red Pepper Flake Sweet & Sour Sauce, Pomegranate and Walnut Romaine Salad.
Hawaiian Shrimp and Kielbasa Skewers
- 1 pound raw Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 pound Kielbasa; cut into 1” slices
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks; reserve juice
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper; cut into 1” chunks
- 1 large Red Onion; cut into 1” chunks
- 1/2 pound small Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 large Zucchini; cut into 1″ chunks
- 10-12 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fish Oil
- 1 cup reserved Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients, minus the cornstarch, in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Place the shrimp and sausage in a large bowl and pour half of the sauce mixture over top; cover and chill for 1 hour. Soak the bamboo skewers in water while the meat is marinading.
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining sauce mixture over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Whisk the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and pour the slurry into the saucepan, stirring until thickened. Cover and remove from heat.
- Remove the skewers from the water and add the shrimp, onion, bell peppers, kielbasa, mushroom, pineapple chunks, and zucchini.
- Place the skewers on the grill grate and cook for 8 minutes. Serve the skewers over rice with a drizzle of sauce.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!