First dinner of 2020! This Stromboli is a personal favorite of mine. It has all my favorite toppings plus it makes my home smell like a pizzeria. Win-win! This is always a major hit with the kiddos and leftovers are almost unheard of.
- Pizza dough; proofed
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pound Sliced Pepperoni
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 small Bell Pepper; cored and chopped
- 1 small Red Onion; chopped
- 1 large Tomato; cored and diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms: sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter; melted
- 1 Garlic Clove; minced
- Pinch of Salt and Italian Herbs
- Press the pizza dough into a greased baking sheet until flat. Spread the marinara sauce over the dough, making sure to leave 1/2 inch at the top. Top with half of the cheese and layer with the Pepperoni and vegetables.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the Italian Sausage to skillet and cook through, then drain and add it to the Stromboli. Top with the remaining cheese and gently roll the dough away from you, pushing stray ingredients back in if they push out.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt and herbs in a small dish. Brush the top of the Stromboli with half of the mixture, score the top and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining melted butter mixture. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with warm marinara or garlic alfredo sauce and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!