Last meal of 2019! Spiced Roasted Chicken with Broccoli Cheddar Rice Bake, Zucchini Au Gratin and garlic herb mashed potatoes! It was a hack of a meal to wrap up the year. I am so going to use the leftover chicken to make Chicken & Green Chile Chimichangas tomorrow. But for the first meal of the year I’m making Stromboli!
Spiced Roasted Chicken & Broccoli Rice Bake
• 3 Chicken Leg Quarters
• 2 Tbsp Butter
• 1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
• 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp Cayenne
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 2 C Rice; rinsed
• 1 small Broccoli head; chopped
• 1/2 C Cheddar
• 1 C Chicken Broth
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp White Pepper
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• 1 tsp Onion Powder
• 1 tsp Italian Herbs
1. In small dish, combine butter, herbs and spices. Mix thoroughly. Rub over chicken, making sure to get some of the compound butter under the skin.
2. In baking pan, add rice ingredients and stir to combine. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Place chicken on top of rice and cover tightly with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
4. Remove the foil and crank the heat up to 375 degrees and bake an additional 15 – 20 minutes or until skin is crispy and rice is tender.
Looking for a side dish? try one of these recipes!