I love Taco Pizza! You can substitute the refried beans for enchilada sauce, but I prefer the creaminess of the beans. It’s by far one of my favorite pizzas! Preheating the pizza stone is key for a crispy crust. Be sure to sprinkle corn meal to keep it from sticking to the pizza stone.
4 C all purpose flour (or Gluten Free blend)
1 tsp white sugar
2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C warm water (110-115 degrees)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Mexican Oregano
2 C refried beans
1 C Mozzarella or Cotija Cheese
1 C Ground Taco Beef
1 large tomato; seeded and diced
1 small green bell pepper; diced
1 small onion, diced
1/4 C Cilantro; chopped
1/2 C Sour Cream; stuffed into ziplock bag
1 Lime; juiced
1. In bowl, wisk water, sugar and yeast together until frothy. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
2. In mixer, combine flour, salt and oregano. Creat a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture. On medium speed, mix ingredients; slowly drizzling in oil until combined and sticking to the dough hook.
3. Turn out on to floured surface and knead lightly and form into a ball. Put in a large, greased bowl and cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size. Turn out onto floured surface once more and gently use your fingers until it reaches the size and shape you’d like.
DO NOT use a rolling pin! It pushes out all of the air and makes a really tough dough.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat up pizza stone. Carefully remove stone from oven and sprinkle liberally with corn meal. Add dough and spread refried beans over top. Top with cheese, taco meat, and vegetables.
5. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until dough is golden and cheese is bubbly.
6. Turn oven off and remove pizza from oven and add cilantro. Snip one end of Ziplock bag with sour cream and drizzle over pizza and squeeze lime juice on top of that.
7. Place pizza back in cooling oven for 5 minutes or until the sour cream and lime juice heat up.
8. Cut, serve and enjoy!
Looking for a Side Dish? Try one of these recipes!