Spaghetti Bolognese is one of my favorite Italian dishes! The tang of the tomatoes, the herbaceous seasonings and the richness of the beef and sausage. So amazing! And all that delicious Parmesan! Served with steamed broccoli; it can’t be beat!
• 2 lbs Ground Beef
• 1 lb mild Italian Sausage
• 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 large Onion; diced
• 3 large cloves Garlic; minced
• 4 cups Marinara Sauce
• 1 medium Parmesan Rind
• 4 servings Spaghetti Pasta
• LOTS of grated Parmesan
- In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the beef, sausage and onion until cooked through. Drain excess fat and return Dutch oven to the stovetop. Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic and mushrooms, sautéing an additional 3 minutes. Taste and season accordingly. Pour in the marinara and add the parmesan rind. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Bring stockpot with water to a boil and add in the uncooked spaghetti and several large pinches of salt. Cook until almost al dente.
- Remove the Parmesan rind from the sauce. Strain the pasta and add to the sauce. Continue to cook until the pasta is al dente. Plate and cover with loooots of Parmesan!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!