And in this corner we have the Reuben! Another sandwich that I’v been wanting to try for years! Went a bit unconventional and added some pickled red onions for color and because I thought it’d compliment the Sauerkraut. I think the Reuben has a more balanced flavor. The slight sweetness from the Russian Dressing makes all the difference! Like the Cubano, I made this grilled sandwich with Mayo instead of butter.
- Russian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Smoked Paprika
- Small pinch of salt
- Reuben Sandwich
- 2 slices Marbled Rye Bread
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 4 Slices of Baby Swiss Cheese
- 2/3 pound fresh sliced Corned Beef
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut; drained
- 1/4 cup Pickled Red Onion
- Spread mayonnaise over both sides of the bread slices.
- Layer 2 slices of Baby Swiss, Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, pickled Onion, Russian Dressing and remaining slices of Baby Swiss. Top with other slice of bread.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sandwich to the skillet and press down with a spatula. Fry for 3 minutes per side or until the cheese is melted and bread is golden and crisp.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!