Something I’ve been wanting to make for years now: the Cubano or Cuban Midnight Sandwich! I don’t know why I waited so long! It was delicious on its own or dipped in last night’s Potato and Bacon Ends Chowder. Try as I might, I couldn’t find a grill press or cuban rolls so I had to improvise.
- 2 slices Bread
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 pound Peppered Turkey Breast
- 1/4 pound Uncured Ham
- 4 slices of Baby Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup Dill Pickles; drained
- Spread the mayo over both slices of bread. Layer 2 slices of cheese, pickles, ham, turkey and remaining cheese slices. Spread the top slice with mustard and place it over the cheese.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sandwich and press down with a smaller cast iron skillet, searing until golden brown. Flip and sear the other side.
- Serve with French Fries, chips or Dill Pickles.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!