I made Air Fryer Mac N Cheese to go with my leftover Smoked Pot Roast! It is now the only way I’m making Mac N Cheese! This makes about 4 servings.
Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
• 2 1/2 Cups Elbow Pasta; cooked to almost al dente
• 2 Tablespoon Bacon Grease
• 1 Garlic Clove; minced
• 1 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
• 1 Cup Whole Milk
• 1 Tablespoon Crumbled Bacon
• 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
• 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar; grated
• 1/4 Cup Parmesan: grated
• 1/4 Cup Colby Jack; grated
• 1/4 Cup Ricotta
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 Tablespoon Italian breadcrumbs
1. In small cast iron skillet over medium heat melt bacon grease and add in garlic. Cook until fragrant.
2. Make a roux with the flour and milk. Add in bacon, herbs, cheeses, salt and pepper; stirring until cheese has melted.
3. Fold in pasta and preheat Air Fryer to 390 degrees. Top with breadcrumbs and spritz with olive oil. Pat down to minimize fly away crumbs and place in Air Fryer.
4. Air fry for 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling up at the edge of the skillet.