I made Air Fryer Mac and Cheese to go with my Smoked Pot Roast. Wow did it come out brilliantly, showing just how versatile this amazing countertop appliance can be. It’s brilliant for the summer months when your oven makes the kitchen unbearably hot.
Air Fryer Bacon Macaroni & Cheese
Servings: 5 Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Elbow Pasta
- 1/4 cup Bacon Grease
- 1 clove Garlic; minced
- 1/4 cup Onion; chopped
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Bacon Crumbles
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 1/4 cup Sharp Cheddar; grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese; grated
- 1/4 cup Colby Jack Cheese; grated
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Italian breadcrumbs
- Bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until almost al dente, about 8 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water to stop it from cooking further.
- In small cast iron skillet over medium heat melt bacon grease and add the onion, sautéing until tender. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Sift in the flour and cook until golden brown, then slowly whisk in the milk to form a roux. Add in the bacon, herbs, cheeses, salt and pepper; stirring until cheese has melted. Fold the pasta into the cheese sauce and scoop into a tall air fryer pan. Top with the breadcrumbs, spritz with olive oil and cover with foil.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390°F.
- Air fry for 8 minutes then remove the foil. Air fry for an additional 2 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling up at the edges.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!