I wanted to bring something to our Christmas dinner with family but had to stick with what was in my pantry. Sweet Potato Casserole and Thyme & Curry Butternut Squash Soup it was! I didn’t want to make classic Sweet Potato Casserole and opted for a savory dish instead. When I told my mom what I was bringing she told me to make a smaller portion because she wasn’t sure there’d be much interest in the dish. It was completely gone and the dish was scraped clean. Next time I’ll make more. Lol!
Rosemary & Parmesan Sweet Potato Casserole
• 4 Large Sweet Potatoes; peeled and cubed
• 1 Small Onion; diced
• 2 Garlic Cloves; minced
• 3 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs; chopped
• 1 tsp dried Italian Herbs
• 1/2 C Heavy Cream
• 1/2 C Parmesan
• 1 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 Tbsp Crumbled Bacon
• 1/2 C Parmesan; grated
• 1/2 C Sharp Cheddar; grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter casserole dish.
2. In large bowl, combine everything but the last 1/2 cup Parmesan and Cheddar. Toss evenly and pour into dish. Cover tightly with foil and place in preheated oven. Roast for 1 hour and remove from oven. Use a fork to check that the sweet potatoes are tender. If they are still firm in the center, cover and bake an addition 15-20 minutes.
3. Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!