I wanted to bring something to our Christmas dinner with family but had to stick with what was in my pantry. Sweet Potato Casserole it is! I didn’t want to make classic Sweet Potato Casserole and opted for a savory dish instead. It didn’t last long at dinner!
Rosemary & Parmesan Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes; peeled and cubed
- 1 Small Onion; diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves; minced
- 3 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs; chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Herbs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Crumbled Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan; shredded
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar; grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine everything but the last 1/2 cup Parmesan and Cheddar. Toss to coat and pour into the casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over top. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
Looking for a Main Dish? Try one of these recipes!