This sauce also goes great on chicken, pork, game meat, beef, veggies and so much more! It’s so tangy and sweet! I also drizzle it over sushi. 😋 I make a lot of it and store it in my fridge for up to 2 months.
- 1 1/2 cups Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves; mashed to paste
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger; grated
- 1 Teaspoon Lemongrass; grated
- 1 teaspoon Chile Paste
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, whisk the soy sauce, broth, fish sauce, vinegar and brown sugar together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once hot add the Lemongrass, Garlic and Ginger; sautéing briefly until fragrant before adding in the chile paste and spices. Pour in the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water; whisking thoroughly. Pour the slurry into the saucepan and whisk until thickened.
- Glaze meat of choice or use it in Stir Fries or over Sushi!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!