It’s been a rough day and this was so needed! Between the stresses of the holidays and daily life, this is a nice pick me up to help set you back on your feet. I only drink this cocoa on stressful days before Christmas. My only regret is that I didn’t have any cream to whip up, but it tasted great even with the humble marshmallow.
Spicy Comfort Cocoa
• 3 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
• 1/8 C tiny Milk Chocolate Chips
• Pinch of Cinnamon
• Pinch of Nutmeg
• Pinch of Cayenne
• 1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 3 C Whole Milk
• 2 Peppermint Candy Canes
• 2 Small handful of Marshmallows
1. In saucepan, combine milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and spices. Whisk thoroughly and heat over Medium-Low heat until steaming.
2. Add in Chocolate Chips and stir frequently until chips are dissolved.
3. Pour into mugs while hot and add Candy Cane plus one small handful of Marshmallows.
4. Use Candy Cane to stir cocoa until dissolved then top with whipped cream or marshmallows.