It’s been a rough day and this was so needed! Between the stresses of the holidays and daily life, this is a nice pick me up to help set you back on your feet. I only drink this cocoa on stressful days before Christmas. My only regret is that I didn’t have any cream to whip up, but it tasted great even with the humble marshmallow.
Spicy Comfort Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 Peppermint Candy Canes
- 2 Small handful of Marshmallows
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and spices. Whisk thoroughly and heat over Medium-Low heat until steaming.
- Add in the Chocolate Chips and stir frequently until they’re dissolved.
- Pour into two mugs while hot and add a Candy Cane a small handful of Marshmallows. Use the Candy Cane to stir the cocoa until dissolved then top with whipped cream.
Looking for a Main Dish? Try one of these recipes!