It’s a family tradition to make wings once a week and it’s something the whole family looks forward to! My family always uses Frank’s Hot Sauce and I wanted to see if I could come up with something similar with a fresh twist. It came out great and I will definitely be making batches to take over for my family!
Buffalo Party Wings
• 2 lbs hot peppers of choice (I prefer Cayenne & Jalapeno)
• 2 C White Vinegar
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/8 tsp liquid smoke
• 1 Tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp white pepper
• 2 lbs Party Wings
1. Heat cast iron skillet over high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil of choice.
2. Using gloves, chop and de-seed peppers. Place in bowl while pan is heating.
3. Add peppers to hot pan, searing until blistered and tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and remove from heat.
4. Use an immersion blender or pour into blender and emulsify.
5. Add to saucepan over low heat and simmer for 1-2 hours.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. In large bowl, combine chicken wings, salt, pepper and cornstarch, tossing to coat. Layer wings on baking sheet with rack and place in preheated oven.
8. Bake for 45 minutes, the remove wings from oven and turn. Cook additional 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
9. Sauce the wings in a bowl and toss to evenly coat.
10. Serve and enjoy!