This stacked egg and sausage gravy biscuit sandwich really delivered. I might need to get my cholesterol checked now, but it’s totally worth it! You have to deconstruct is a bit to fit it in your mouth, but it tastes heavenly.
Double Decker Biscuits & Gravy Breakfast Sandwich
- Place the cooked biscuits in a warm oven.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the sausage until it’s cooked through. Add in the bacon grease and stir until melted. Sift in the flour and stir until golden brown before gradually whisking in the milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste then reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium heat and add the pad of butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the scrambled egg ingredients and whisk thoroughly. Pour the mixture into the hot pan and scramble to your desired consistency.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and break into 6 halves. Lay out two of the halves and top each with ¼ of the scrambled eggs. Pour your desired amount of gravy over top and use 2 more biscuit halves to form a sandwich. Add the remaining scrambled eggs over top of the sandwich along with more gravy. Finally, top with the remaining biscuit and serve.
- Enjoy! (and maybe schedule an appointment with your cardiologist)