I can post this now that I’m no longer in a double stacked brunch food coma. My Kitchenatic’s half sheet really delivered! Perfectly golden on the bottom! I’m using it to make rosemary and garlic focaccia tonight!
The double egg and sausage gravy biscuit. I might need to get my cholesterol checked now. Altered my gluten free flour a little and the results were positive!
Gluten Free Biscuits
• 1 C Gluten Free flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 4 Tbsp butter; shaved and frozen
• 1/2 C buttermilk
1. Sift flour into bowl and add in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Fluff with fork.
2. Add in butter and cut with fork or pastry cutter until mealy. Chill in fridge 10 minutes.
3. Remove from fridge and using a rubber spatula, create a well in the center and pour in buttermilk. Delicately incorporate ingredients until just combined.
4. Turn out onto floured and knead lightly, folding into thirds and pressing flat again. Turn and repeat twice more. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 10 minutes while preheating oven to 425°.
5. Pull dough from fridge and cut into even portions. Place on lined baking tray and using your thumb place an indentation in the center of each biscuit. Brush tops with butter or buttermilk and place in oven.
6. Bake until golden brown; about 12-15 minutes. Let’s cool briefly before serving.