By far, my favorite holiday tradition is making Chex Mix! Had to use my awesome Kitchenatic’s half sheet pan!
I grew up with the original recipe off the Chex Box, but have strayed a little to suit my preferences. I’ve made it 100% Gluten Free. I use Glutino Gluten Free Bagel Chips and Snyder’s brand Gluten Free Mini Pretzels. The Smoked Paprika adds some heat and a little extra something, something! I think next time I’ll add a pinch of Red Pepper Flakes!
Smoky Chex Mix
• 3 C Rice Chex
• 3 C Corn Chex
• 1/2 C Raw Cashews; whole
• 1/2 C Raw Almonds; whole
• 1 C Snyder’s Gluten Free Mini Pretzels
• 1 C Glutino Gluten Free Bagel Chips; broken up
• 1/2 C Butter; melted
• 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1 tsp Onion Salt
• 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Add all of the crackers, cereal and nuts. Toss gently with spatula or wooden spoon until evenly combined.
3. In small bowl, add melted butter, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Drizzle over baking sheet and toss gently to coat.
4. Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 1 hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
5. Set aside to cool then place in an air tight container.