I had a couple of friends over for lunch and decided to make Chicken Salad. This makes a LOT! Roughly 6 sandwiches, so if you’re not serving a crowd I’d cut the recipe in half.
Cherry Chicken Salad
- 3 large Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Celery; chopped
- 1 cup Onion; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- 1 cup Walnuts; toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Apple; chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place the chicken on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bake 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before chopping or shredding.
- Add the chicken and all of the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.