I’m not usually a breakfast person but I was so excited about making a breakfast sandwich! The combination of crispy, baked cheese and gooey melted cheese is amazing! I’m definitely going to be making this again! Home baked everything bagel, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, bacon, parmesan cheddar cheese crisp and a handful of sharp cheddar! Oh, yeah. Definitely making this again tomorrow.
Crispy Cheese Stacked Breakfast Bagel
• 3 Eggs
• 1 Tbsp Half & Half
• Pinch of Salt, Pepper, Rubbed Sage, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder
• 2 Tbsp Cheddar
• 2 Tbsp Parmesan
• 1 Everything Bagel; sliced
• 4 Bacon Slices; baked with grease reserved
• 1 Breakfast Sausage Patty (I precook mine for the whole week)
• 1 slice of Sharp Cheddar
• 1 Cheese Crisp
• Scrambled Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat cast iron griddle over medium heat on the front burner and medium low heat on the back burner. Drizzle with reserved bacon grease and allow to heat up. Place bacon and sausage on back burner and cover with cloche (or in my case, a baking sheet).
3. Combine Cheese Crisp ingredients on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
4. Combine Scrambled Egg ingredients and pour over front portion of the griddle. Using a spatula, draw eggs from the edges to the center until half set and seperate into 2 portions.
5. Top one portion with sharp cheddar and move to the covered back burner.
6. Spread Bagel halves with butter or bacon grease and toast on front burner until golden.
7. Layer: bagel, breakfast sausage, scrambled egg, cheese crisp, scrambled egg with melted cheddar, bacon and bagel top.
8. Serve with fresh fruit, hash browns, country fried potatoes or your favorite breakfast side dishes!