There’s a reason why I don’t make Fettuccine Alfredo very often. Stick a fork in me, I’m done! It’s got a major calorie count and my jeans can only take so much! I tried to lighten it up a little the veggies, but it was still amazingly and deliciously rich. The pan fried chicken cutlet probably didn’t help the calorie count.
Asparagus & Romanesco Fettuccine Alfredo
• 4 servings of Fettucine(I used rice pasta); par-boiled, drained and set aside
• 1 C Romanesco; floretted and steamed
• 6 Asparagus Spears; chopped and steamed
• 2 Bacon Strips; baked, chopped and set aside (reserve 1 Tbsp grease)
• 3 Tbsp Butter
• 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
• 1 C Heavy Cream
• 1/3 of a block of Cream Cheese
• 2 C Parmesan Cheese
• 1 tsp Onion Powder
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil; finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano; finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley; finely chopped
1. Melt butter in pan over medium heat and add reserved bacon grease. Add garlic and saute until fragrant; 1-2 minutes. Pour in cream and add cheese. Stir until fully melted and incorporated.
2. Add in herbs and spices then reduce to medium low heat; allowing sauce ingredients to marry. You can add more cream if the sauce gets too thick.
3. Toss in veggies, pasta and chopped bacon. Serve immediately with bread, salad or steamed greens.