The Carne Asada was so tender after marinating overnight! I highly recommend it. 🥩 🌮 I totally love my new taco holders! So stinking cute! Served with Restaurant Style Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Guacamole and Cantina Style Salsa. ❤️
Carne Asada Tacos
• 1-1 1/2 lb Flank Steak
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 large Lime; juiced
• 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
• 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder (or 2 Garlic Cloves, minced)
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1 Tablespoon Adobo Chili Powder
• 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon Pickled Jalapeno Juice
• 12 Corn Tortillas
• 2 cups Cabbage; shredded
• 2 Fresh Limes; quartered
• 1 cup Pickled Jalapenos
• 1/2 cup Tomato; diced
• 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro
• 1/2 cup Red Onion; diced
• 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese
• 1 Radish; thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup Ancho Chili Sour Cream
- Place steak in dish or Ziplock bag and coat with marinating ingredients. Store in fridge and allow to rest 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat grill or smoker to medium-high heat and add steak once hot. Allow to cook for 4-6 minutes per side (or until desired doneness) then remove to cutting board and tent with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil; allow to heat up. Lightly fry tortillas on both sides. Fill doubled up tortillas with steak and toppings, drizzle with Ancho Chili Sour Cream and serve with Mexican Rice, Refried Beans or Elote Casserole.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!