Of all the BBQ Sauce recipes I’ve made over the years, this one’s my favorite! It’s sweet, tangy, well balanced and has a little kick! It goes great on grilled pork chops, chicken wings, breasts and thighs plus shrimp!
For a vegetarian option toss with fried zucchini!
Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce
• 1/2 cup Bourbon
• 1 cup Brown Sugar
• 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
• 2 cups Ketchup
• 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
• 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
• 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In saucepan over medium heat, add peppers and spices and toast until fragrant.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and stir frequently.
3. Cook for 20 minutes or until reduced and thickened, tasting halfway through and adding more seasoning until it’s to your taste preference. If there’s too much heat you can add more ketchup or brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
4. Store in fridge for up to a month.