Of all the BBQ Sauce recipes I’ve made over the years, this one’s my favorite! It’s sweet, tangy, well balanced and has a little kick! It goes great on grilled pork chops, chicken wings, breasts and thighs plus shrimp!
For a vegetarian option toss with fried zucchini!
Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the spices and toast until fragrant. Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until it’s reduced and thickened, tasting halfway through and seasoning accordingly.
- Store in fridge for up to 2 months.
- Serve with chicken, pork, beef or vegetables. Enjoy!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!