Baking chicken wings is the BEST way to cook them! The secret to crispy skin is Baking Soda or my personal preference, Cornstarch! You’ll never know they aren’t fried! They’re much healthier and you can make 2 1/2 dozen per half sheet pan. They’re a great intro to the weekend and I make these wings at least 3 times a month and they’re always a hit.
Baked Chicken Wings
• 2 1/2 dozen Chicken Wings; tips removed
• 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 C Cornstarch
• 2 C BBQ Sauce of choice
1. In large bowl or ziplock bag, toss wings in salt, pepper, garlic and cornstarch until evenly coated.
2. Preheat oven to 375° and line bottom of baking tray with foil.
3. Using tongs, align wings on cooling rack set inside foil lined baking tray. Place the bigger pieces towards the back and the thinner pieces towards to front and spritz with oil. Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
4. Wash the large bowl and tongs thoroughly then dry.
5. Remove tray from the oven and flip the wings; bake an additional 25 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
6. Use tongs to transfer wings back to the bowl and add BBQ sauce. Toss until evenly coated.
7. Serve immediately with Seasoned Fries, Coleslaw or a Loaded Baked Potato.