This Teriyaki sauce also goes great on pork, game meat and beef! I make a lot of it and store it in my fridge for up to 2 months.
• 1 C Soy Sauce
• 2 C Chicken Broth
• 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
• 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
• 1 tsp Chile Paste
• 2/3 C Brown Sugar
• 2 Garlic Cloves; mashed to paste
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger; mashed to paste
• 1 Tsp Lemongrass; mashed to paste
• 1 tsp Mustard Powder
• 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
• 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
• 1/4 C cold water
• 2 lbs Chicken Thighs or protein of choice
1. Heat saucepan over medium heat and add in Sesame Oil. Once hot add in mashed Lemongrass, Garlic and Ginger; sauteing briefly before adding in Chile Paste, spices and Sesame Seeds.
2. Pour in Soy Sauce and broth, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water, whisking thoroughly. Pour into saucepan and stir until thickened.
4. Separate half of the Teriyaki Glaze and add one half to ziplock bag. Add chicken and chill overnight.
5. Preheat grill to medium high heat and once hot add chicken to grate. Grill for 5 minutes and flip; cooking through to 165 degrees.
6. Remove and tent with foil; resting for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with Fried Rice, Low Mein or vegetable stir fry. Enjoy!