This is my favorite Asian style dish! it’s sweet, tangy and a hit with the kids! I usually serve it with steamed or fried rice and egg rolls. Homemade teriyaki sauce is far superior to anything you can get off the store shelves.
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Thighs
- In a large bowl, whisk all the soy sauce, broth, fish sauce and brown sugar together and pour half of the mixture into a ziplock bag with the chicken. Marinate in the fridge at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once hot add the Lemongrass, Garlic and Ginger; sautéing very briefly until fragrant before adding in the Chile Paste, spices and Sesame Seeds.
- Pour in the set aside soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water; whisking thoroughly. Pour the slurry into the saucepan and stir until thickened.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and once hot add chicken to grate. Grill for 13-15 minutes (basting once after 10 minutes) or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and tent with foil; resting for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Fried Rice, Chow Mein or vegetable stir fry. Enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!