A bare bones, but delicious chowder to warm you on a winter day after the new puppy has finally passed out. Plus it uses up of a LOT of Thanksgiving leftovers!
P.S. No puppies were harmed in the making of this Chowder.
Holiday Puppy Chowder
• 3 C leftover Turkey meat; chopped
• 1/2 C Stuffing
• 2 C Turkey Gravy
• 1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
• 2 carrots; chopped
• 1 large russet potato; peeled and diced
• 2 celery stalks; diced
• 1 large onion; diced
• 1/2 C cooked corn
• 2 garlic cloves; finely minced
• 2 sprigs Rosemary
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 2 C warm water
• 2 C Half and Half
1. In large dutch oven, add 1 tbsp oil of choice and saute onion, carrots, celery and potato until tender. Add in garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
2. Add in cold turkey meat, gravy, Italian Herbs and stuffing. Stir until heated through before adding water, bay leaf and rosemary springs; bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Stir in half and half and heat through for 10-20 minutes.
4. Remove Rosemary and Bay Leaf; serve with cornbread or dinner rolls.