This dish is so amazing on a winter’s day. Or a summer day when air fried or grilled if your home gets too hot to crank up the ol’ oven. The fresh flavors go so well with the lean chicken, there’s nothing quite like it. Warm, fresh and flavorful! It goes great with Scalloped Potatoes, steamed broccoli or Stuffed Mushrooms and a tossed salad. It’s perfect for a bbq or a simple dinner with family.
Baked Caprese Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Large Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 fresh Mozzarella Ball; sliced
- 1 Basil bunch (or 1/2 cup Pesto)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper over both sides of chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Layer the tomato slices, mozzarella, and basil leaves (or pesto) over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 7-9 minutes or until the mozzarella is golden brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Drizzle lightly with Balsamic Vinegar and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
NOTE: This recipe also works great in an Air Fryer, Skillet or Smoker!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!