This dish is so amazing on a winter day! Warm, fresh and flavorful! It goes great with Scalloped Potatoes, steamed broccoli or Stuffed Mushrooms and a tossed salad.
Baked Caprese Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Large Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 fresh Mozzarella Ball; sliced
- 1 Basil bunch (or 1/2 cup Pesto)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper over both sides of chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Layer with tomato, mozzarella, and basil leaves (or pesto).
3. Cover with foil and bake in an oven preheated to 400degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
4. Uncover and broil for 2-5 minutes until mozzarella get golden brown.
5. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
NOTE: This recipe also works great in an Air Fryer, Skillet or Smoker!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!