I had a couple of chicken breasts that I needed to use up and this is always my go to recipe when I’m craving something sweet and healthy! I normally use ground chicken, turkey or beef but felt like this would be a nice change. It’s great to mix things up from time to time! The peanut butter adds a creaminess that really accents the sweetness and is definitely worth a try!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
• 4-6 lettuce leaves of your choice; Bib works best
• 2 large Chicken Breasts; diced
• 2 Tbsp sesame oil
• 1/2 C Carrots; chopped
• 1 small white onion; chopped
• 2 garlic cloves: minced
• 1 medium summer squash; chopped
• 1 small can water chestnuts; diced and divided in half
• 1 Tbsp toasted cashews, peanuts or walnuts; chopped
• 2 Tbsp green onion; diced
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• 1 Tbsp chunky peanut butter
• 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
• 1 Tbsp fish sauce
• 1 C soy sauce
• 1 C brown sugar
• 1 tsp chili paste
• 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
• 1 garlic clove; minced
• 1/2 tsp ginger; finely minced
• 1/2 C chicken broth
• 2 tbsp cornstarch
1. In dutch oven or large skillet add sesame oil over medium high heat; cook chicken and use a slotted spoon to remove. Set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
2. In sauce pan over medium high heat, add sauce ingredients minus cornstarch and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
3. Meanwhile, add onion to dutch oven and cook until tender. Add in carrots, ginger, garlic and half of the Water Chestnuts. Add chicken back in and stir in sauce.
4. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp cold water. Add slurry to filling and whisk frequently until thickened.
5. Stir in remaining water chestnuts.
6. Serve with lettuce leaves; topped with sticky rice. Garnish with Sesame seeds and green onion.