This is my favorite dish to make after thanksgiving night or when I have leftover scalloped potatoes. It’s hearty and kids devour it! ❤️ If you don’t have any leftover scalloped potatoes and don’t feel like making a batch from scratch, boxed scalloped potatoes are cheap, tasty and work great with this dish.
After Thanksgiving Breakfast Bake
- 4 cups leftover Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage
- 2 cloves Garlic; finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar; divided
- 1 pad of Butter
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1 cup Leftover Ham; chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato; cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 leftover Biscuits; halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F and layer the leftover potatoes over the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the sausage until cooked through. Ladle the sausage over the potatoes and top with 1 cup cheddar. Cover with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, ham, remaining cheese, vegetables, milk and seasonings in a large bowl. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Pour in the egg mixture and scramble lightly until half set, but still slightly runny. Remove the baking dish from the oven and scoop the eggs over the sausage mixture, topping with the halved biscuits. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Re-cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the eggs are fully set and the biscuits are heated through.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!